Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Memorial Day Weekend


Intensity
Originally uploaded by Joits.
What was my plans for this long weekend? Take pictures. Went to the Zoo and MoCA on Saturday with Hannah and Rhoda. Even though we got their a bit later than I preferred... I still had fun. And I gotta say... Hannah is intensely fun. Where I'm usually impatient with most children... it's different with Hannah. She's a cool kid. MoCA as predicted was a confusing but interesting experience. I don't get art, never have and still don't. But... it was still an interesting experience. Bonus was that I also got to take pictures around downtown LA.

Sunday... the highlight of the weekend. A visit to the birthplace of LA... Olvera Street. How I missed this place for so long, I don't know. I had a lot of fun. Music, people, food, drink, trinkets, little markets... so many things to see, do and experience. Met a cool couple, Raul and Laura. Got to talking... mostly because they saw my camera. Got some great tips from them... and the waiter, both of whom thought I was a photographer. Haha... its funny, to see people's reactions to my D70. I loved the dance by the Aztec Indian performers... that was THE highlight of the weekend. My favorite photo of the day was this fellow here, he was so intense and so into the dance. Their costumes were awesome... but it was their passion for the dance that made it special.

Memorial Day... almost didn't go out. Before, I would have just stayed in... but with photography in my blood... I just had to get out. And get out I did, a brief stop at English Springs Park in Chino Hills was first. I was a bit disappointed, it looked kind of run down compared to the last time i was there. Still, got a couple of decent shots I guess. Headed over to Santa Monica pier, partly because I was gonna pick up Dave. I thought I didn't get anything, but a few shots actually turned out to be pretty good judging by the Flickr response. Day ended on a bit of a sour note when Dave said he had a ride... WTF? Why send me a text that you might need a ride and then not tell me you have one already? That was a bit messed up. Whatever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home